Mergers & Acquisitions. Capital raising.
We assist clients in evaluating, structuring and negotiating strategic mergers, acquisitions and divestitures as well as private equity debt and equity financing transactions. Our core regulatory experience enables us to assist clients to navigate the complexities of the Listing Rules of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, the Code on Takeovers and Mergers and the securities laws of Hong Kong.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We regularly act for clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Our experience includes:
- Co-counsel to a private investment firm in relation to its US$500 million acquisition of a global asset management operation
- Co-counsel to a Fortune Global 200 financial institution in a US$80 million spin-off of its global private wealth management operations
- Co-counsel to a private funds manager in relation to its acquisition of the private equity real estate firm with US$300 million of assets under management
- Lead counsel to a US$1 billion hedge fund on its acquisition of a Hong Kong brokerage
- Lead counsel to a Fortune Global 200 bank on its acquisition of a Hong Kong private client financial advisory business
Debt & Equity Finance
We act for clients in the provision of debt, equity and hybrid capital to both listed and unlisted companies. Our lawyers' experience includes:
- Advising a Fortune Global 100 financial institution in respect of placing and underwriting arrangements in connection with a US$4.3 billion global offering and listing on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- Representing minority holders of convertible bonds in a pre-IPO company in connection with the restructuring of bond terms
- Advising a Fortune Global 200 financial institution in respect of placing and underwriting arrangements in connection with a US$215 million initial public offering on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- Advising a global investment bank in respect of a pre-IPO investment in a PRC company
- Advising a global investment bank in respect of a US$180 million leveraged buy-out of a Taiwanese company