Investment Banking. Private Banking.
We have acted for corporate finance advisers and private wealth managers across a range of activities.
Investment & Corporate Banking
Our lawyers have extensive experience in underwriting and securities placements and have represented clients before the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and the Takeovers Panel. We have substantial knowledge of the Listing Rules of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and the Takeovers Code. Our lawyers experience includes:
- Advising a Fortune Global 100 financial institution in respect of placement and underwriting arrangements in connection with a US$4.3 billion initial public offer
- Advising a Fortune Global 100 financial institution in respect of placement and underwriting arrangements in connection with a US$210 million initial public offer
We have assisted clients with the development and marketing of new private wealth management products and in strategic mergers and acquisitions of private banking operations. We have worked extensively with clients in relation to compliance with conduct of business requirements in the banking sector and managing regulatory relationships with the Securities and Futures Commission and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. Our experience includes:
- Co-counsel to a Fortune Global 200 financial institution in a US$80 million spin-off of its global private wealth management operations
- Lead counsel to a Fortune Global 200 bank on its acquisition of a Hong Kong private client financial advisory business
- Counsel to a Swiss based private bank in relation to its establishment of operations in Hong Kong